- PDF Guide to Zoom Video (prepared by Nicole Birch-Bayley)
Useful for those teaching smaller classes. Note: Zoom has temporarily removed the 40 minute time limit for meetings of 2-100 people for individuals with educational email address (i.e. utoronto.ca)
- Guide on "How to activate online essay submissions in Quercus" (prepared by Sean McPhail)
- Guide on "How to activate Quercus Discussions" (prepared by Professor Misha Teramura)
- Guide on "How to design online exams on Quercus" (prepared by Sean McPhail)
- Arts and Science Quercus Support- Faculty - https://q.utoronto.ca/courses/85981
The "Keep Teaching" section is especially easy to use
- Access all of Information & Instructional Technology's (IIT) support materials at: www.uoft.me/keep-teaching
-Instructions for creating surveys for students using Quercus:
Part 1: Only if "Quizzes" does not already appear in the menu to the left:
1) Settings/Navigation tab
2) drag Quizzes to top group of menu items and save.
Part 2: If "Quizzes" section exists on the menu
1) Quizzes / +Quiz.
2) For "Quiz Type," select Ungraded Survey.
3) under Instructions, include details about any changes
4) next tab, my "Question", enter your question with possible yes or no answer options.
For more information on creating quizzes, please see https://q.utoronto.ca/courses/85981/pages/creating-quizzes
- SpeedGrader Tutorial: TBA
- For students: Quick Guide for students to set up Bb Collaborate https://qstudents.utoronto.ca/blackboard-collaborate-ultra-student-use/
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH- SPECIFIC DROP-IN SESSIONS
You are welcome to seek advice from colleagues about online teaching tools during the following open sessions. You are also welcome to drop by to offer your advice and expertise: to declare your availability to help out, get in touch with session leader.
MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2-3:30 PM, JHB 616
Professor Adam Hammond (can help with Quercus issues: uploading course documents, setting up assignment submission pages, setting up text discussion threads for students, recording lectures with Snagit, hosting lectures with MyMedia, and Bb Collaborate basics)
MONDAY, MARCH 16, 4PM, Online; BB COLLABORATE SESSION
Professor Alex Hernandez
TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2-3:30 PM, JHB 616
Professor Misha Teramura (can help with Quercus issues: uploading course documents, setting up assignment submission pages, setting up text discussion threads for students, Bb Collaborate basics)
We will keep updating this page as we receive more information and resources.