ResearchBulletin from Research Services: Fall 2010 SSHRC Standard Research Grant Competition:
The 2010 Standard Research Grant program description, the Notification of Intent (NOI) form, and the Standard Research application form are now available on the SSHRC site, at: http://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/programs-programmes/standard_grants_subventions_ordinaires-eng.aspxSignificant Dates:
August 16: Notification of Intent deadline
End of August:
UTRS will notify departments of researchers who have submitted NOIs. Please consult your department, if you haven't already, about resources available to assist you in preparing your application. Mid-September:
UTRS grant writing workshops - dates will be announced in early August. October 13, noon:
UTRS internal deadline. All applicants must submit an application online and provide UTRS with a completed RIS form with all necessary signatures, together with any documentation needed to support their eligibility. October 15:
SSHRC deadline for UTRS approval of Standard Research Grant applications.
SSHRC has just launched their new on–line Resource Center!
This new feature will aim to provide additional resources for Students and Researchers to assist them plan for, prepare and understand the complete SSHRC application and adjudication process. http://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/apply-demande/resource_centre-centre_de_ressources-eng.aspx
We are currently working on expanding this area of the website. In the interim the following may provide some useful guidance: Sources of Funding
• The University of Toronto’s Research & Innovation site contains information on deadlines, funding sources, applying for funding, managing your research, policies, ethics, innovations and partnerships.
Writing the Proposal
• For assistance on writing a grant proposal, the following sources of support are available:
- The department Research Advisory/SSHRC Review Committee – for 2010/11 Alan Ackerman, Ann Lancashire, and Heather Murray - Chair.
- Research Services Office e.g., the UTRS grant writing workshops dates will be announced in early August. Information on how to apply, and tips on writing a successful proposal will be available on the UTRS website at that time, at http://www.research.utoronto.ca
- In addition, the Department maintains a Previous Grant Application file. This is a file of successful research grant applications by members of the Department by agency, field and year. These applications have kindly been made available for consultation by others in the Department who may be seeking specific examples. This file is kept in the Financial Assistant's office and may be consulted (on the premises only) by contacting our Department Financial Assistant. They are not permitted to be copied.
Financial Information – Budgets/Salary Benefit Rates/Per Diem Rates/Eligibility of Expenses
• For any questions regarding finances (preparing the budget proposal or actual expenditures) contact the Department Financial Assistant, Cristina Henrique, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top of Page