The Department of English is delighted to announce that the following faculty members were successful in this year’s SSHRC Insight Grant competition:
- Angela Esterhammer was awarded an Insight grant for a five-year project entitled “Speculation, Improvisation, Mediality: The Late-Romantic Information Age.”
- Will Robins received the Insight grant for his successful four-year proposal entitled “Apollonius of Tyre in Italy during Late Antiquity, the Middle Ages, and the Renaissance.”
- Dana Seitler received a three-year insight grant entitled “The Art of Sex: Gender, Sexuality, and Aesthetics in Modern American Culture.”
- Neil ten Kortenaar has won a three-year SSHRC Insight Grant for his project "State Formation in African Literature."
- Dan White was awarded a four-year Insight Grant for his project entitled "Bengal Annuals and Orient Pearls: Imperial Print Culture in Circulation."
Congratulations from the Department of English to you all for your accomplishments!