Welcome to the U of T Department of English
The Department of English is delighted to congratulate Professor Thomas Keymer who has been appointed University Professor, the highest honour that the University accords to its faculty.
The Department of English is delighted to congratulate Professor Will Robins who will be the 13th President of Victoria University.
The Department of English is delighted to congratulate Professor Brian Corman who has won the 2015 Faculty Award.
News & Sessional Dates:
- Friday, October 09, 2015.
- December examination schedule posted.
- Monday, October 12, 2015.
- Thanksgiving Day; University closed.
- Sunday, November 08, 2015.
- last day to cancel F section code courses without academic penalty; last day to add or remove a CR/NCR option for F section code courses.
- Monday, November 09, 2015.
- November break; no classes.
Read more news
- Tuesday, December 08, 2015.
- classes end in F and Y section code courses; term work in F section code courses must be submitted unless an earlier date has been stipulated.
In the Media:
- Professor Emerita Rosemary Sullivan discusses her latest book, Stalin's Daughter with the Toronto Star.
- Congratulations to Prof. Cannon Schmitt on winning this year's Donald Gray Prize for his essay, "Technical Maturity in Robert Louis Stevenson, which appeared in Denotatively, Technically, Literally, a special issue of Representations.
- Congratulations to Claire Battershill on winning the Kobo Emerging Writer prize for her book Circus.
Read more News In Print
Read more about English Newsmakers
- Thursday, October 08, 2015.
- The Fourth Annual J. R. de J. Jackson Lecture: Johanna Drucker (UCLA), “Analogue and Digital Histories of the Alphabet”.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015.
- Going to Grad School Workshop.
- Thursday, October 15, 2015.
- So You Want to Get into Publishing?.
Read more events
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015.
- Backpack to Briefcase (b2B) English Careers Night.
- Professor Mark Knight will be co-directing "Postsecular Studies and the Rise of the English Novel, 1719-1897", a seminar that will be taking place between July 11-August 5, 2016 at the University Iowa for the 2016 National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Professor Robert McGill discusses the lure of long-lost manuscripts in the following article featured in U of T News.
- Congratulations to Professor Richard Greene for being awarded the National Magazine Award Gold for his poem, You Must Remember This, published in Hazlitt.
Read the Accolades page for news regarding our faculty.