Welcome to the U of T Department of English
The Department of English is delighted to congratulate Professor Thomas Keymer who has been appointed University Professor, the highest honour that the University accords to its faculty.
The Department of English is delighted to congratulate Professor Will Robins who will be the 13th President of Victoria University.
The Department of English is delighted to congratulate Professor Brian Corman who has won the 2015 Faculty Award.
The Department of English is delighted to congratulate Professor Paul Stevens on his election to a Senior Research Fellowship at Jesus College, Oxford for 2015-16.
News & Sessional Dates:
- Monday, September 07, 2015.
- Labour Day- University Closed.
- Friday, September 11, 2015.
- no course enrolment allowed on ROSI/ACORN.
- Monday, September 14, 2015.
- classes begin in F and Y section code courses;first day to request June 2016 graduation.
- Sunday, September 20, 2015.
- waiting lists for F and Y courses turned off at end of day.
Read more news
- Sunday, September 27, 2015.
- last day to add or make section changes to F and Y section code courses.
In the Media:
- Professor Emerita Rosemary Sullivan discusses her latest book, Stalin's Daughter with the Toronto Star.
- Congratulations to Prof. Cannon Schmitt on winning this year's Donald Gray Prize for his essay, "Technical Maturity in Robert Louis Stevenson, which appeared in Denotatively, Technically, Literally, a special issue of Representations.
- Congratulations to Claire Battershill on winning the Kobo Emerging Writer prize for her book Circus.
Read more News In Print
Read more about English Newsmakers
- Sunday, September 13, 2015.
- Annual Staff-Student Softball Game & Departmental Picnic.
- Thursday, October 08, 2015.
- The Fourth Annual J. R. de J. Jackson Lecture: Johanna Drucker (UCLA), “Analogue and Digital Histories of the Alphabet”.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015.
- Backpack to Briefcase event.
Read more events
- Monday, March 21, 2016.
- Creative Writing Gala.
- Professor Mark Knight will be co-directing "Postsecular Studies and the Rise of the English Novel, 1719-1897", a seminar that will be taking place between July 11-August 5, 2016 at the University Iowa for the 2016 National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Professor Robert McGill discusses the lure of long-lost manuscripts in the following article featured in U of T News.
- Congratulations to Professor Richard Greene for being awarded the National Magazine Award Gold for his poem, You Must Remember This, published in Hazlitt.
Read the Accolades page for news regarding our faculty.